Longview, WA 98632
About Bob's Merchandise
BOB'S WAS VERY DIFFERENT WHEN BOB SR. OPENED HIS DOORS TO BOB'S SURPLUS IN 1947.
In 1947 Bob Schlecht Sr. "hitched" his way from Minot, ND to Longview, WA, by way of railcar roof-tops. He and his wife Lila, opened the original war surplus store in a small tent. Selling items such as Army Cots for $2.50, Canteens for 25 cents, and Wool Socks for 50 cents. The local women kept him supplied with used grocery bags.
In 1956 a 6,000 square foot store was built. Over the next 40 years, 7 more building phases were completed. Most of the store was painted green, the result of one of Bob Senior's great paint bargains! We have grown.
Today we still offer that old fashioned, hometown service, that will leave you with a smile!
- 7/1/2014 date of launch for new website
- Six Specialty Shops Under One Roof
- 50,000 Square Feet of Quality Sporting Goods and Much More!!
- Special Orders For Those Hard to Find Items (we will ship it to you!)
- Experienced Staff for All Your Questions and Answers
- Early Morning Sport Window Come And See Our Wonderful.
Specialty Departments. Each Department Has Experienced Staff Trained To Help You With Your Needs.
We Are Happy To Help You With Those Hard To Find Items; Special Orders - we will do our best to try to help you find what you need. We Can Even Ship Your Items Right To Your Door!
Feel free to contact us with suggestions, stories, experiences, and more!
Is this your business?
Promote your business through our innovative Marketplace system! It's free to sign up!