{{featured_button_text}}

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Firefighters in Portland have determined that a house fire in the early morning hours was sparked by an electric turkey smoker placed too close to the home.

Portland Fire & Rescue said Thursday that a mail delivery person spotted sparks and smoke at the home shortly after 5 a.m. and called 911 before alerting the occupants.

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Two adults, one child and three cats made it out safely.

Damage to the home is estimated at $75,000.

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

0
0
0
0
0

Load comments