WorkSource is kicking off a new program this month to offer technical and manufacturing training to help the long-term unemployed find jobs.
The program, dubbed RebootNW, offers individualized training, job shadowing, education and networking opportunities to Southwest Washington residents.
To be considered for the program, an individual must:
- Be unemployed for at least 27 consecutive weeks or be underemployed (meaning someone lost a job and has not been able to find a new one with similar pay) or be an unemployed veteran or veteran-eligible spouse for any length of time
- Be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED
- Be a resident of Clark, Wahkiakum or Cowlitz counties
- Have sufficient time for training or education
- Be interested in information technology, software,
- manufacturing or engineering positions.
WorkSource will host an informational session about the program from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. Monday at WorkSource Cowlitz/Wahkiakum, 305 South Pacific Ave., Suite A in Kelso. Additional informational sessions will be held at the same time and place every second and fourth Monday of the month. Call (360) 578-4231 for more information.