Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Two teens arrested after allegedly throwing firecrackers at cars

Two teens arrested after allegedly throwing firecrackers at cars

  • 0
{{featured_button_text}}

Two teenage boys were arrested Tuesday after allegedly throwing firecrackers at a car, hitting the driver in the face.

Longview police received a call around 3:15 p.m. from a male driver who said he had been hit in the face by poprocks that teenagers had thrown at his car while he was driving along Tennant Way, Detective Sgt. Chris Blanchard said Wednesday.

The male victim said the pyrotechnics caused him to swerve and almost have an accident, Blanchard said. He didn’t report any injuries.

He then followed the car and called police.

There were six juveniles in the white Ford Explorer— five males and a female ranging in ages from 14 to 16, Blanchard said. They told police they had purchased the poprocks fireworks in Longview and were heading to the Kelso Dairy Queen, which is where police finally stopped them.

One of the teenagers who allegedly thrown the firecrackers also had a warrant for his arrest and gave officers a false name, Blanchard said. The 16-year-old was arrested on suspicion of reckless endangerment and making a false statement. (His warrant was for a probation violation related to an earlier charge of resisting arrest and minor in possession.)

A second male teenager, age 14, was also arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of reckless endangerment and resisting arrest.

Both were booked into the Juvenile Detention Center.

The four other teenagers were interviewed and released, Blanchard said.

“This time of year, it’s a little too tempting for some people to misbehave with fireworks,” Blanchard said.

4
5
2
3
11

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

The latest Cowlitz County Department of Heath report projects that the county will drop down to Phase 2 when the counties are re-evaluated April 12. The entire state entered Phase 3 March 22, but to stay there the county must have a new case rate of less than 200 new cases per 100,000 people and fewer than five new hospitalizations per 100,000 people over the past seven days.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alert

Breaking News