Drugs — Washington State Patrol troopers Saturday arrested Gerald Stanley Core, 55, of Randle, Wash., on suspicion of methamphetamine possession.
Order violation, suspended license — Kelso police Saturday arrested Buddy Lester Goebel, 51, of Castle Rock on suspicion of violating a no contact order, third-degree driving while license suspended and operating a vehicle without an ignition interlock system.
Theft — Cowlitz County sheriff’s deputies Saturday arrested Matthew George Mitchell, 35, of Silver Lake on suspicion of first-degree theft greater than $5,000, first-degree possession of stolen property greater than $1,500 and first-degree malicious mischief greater than $5,000.
Burglary — Longview police Saturday arrested Michael Vaughn Sumpter, 59, of Longview on suspicion of violating a no contact order and first-degree burglary.
Assault — Longview police Monday arrested Victor James Hobbs, 29, of Vader on suspicion of third-degree assault and obstructing a public servant.
- 300 block of Long Avenue, Kelso. Saturday. Man in parking lot, reportedly sitting in car that does not belong to him.
- 700 block of Walnut Street, Kelso. Saturday. Tires slashed.
- 300 block of Insel Road, Woodland. Saturday. Mailbox knocked over. Witness says two trucks drove by and one hit a mailbox.
- 800 block of Triangle Center, Longview. Sunday. Water meter broken after being run over. Leaking water, but later fixed by water department crew.
- 3800 block of Mint Place, Longview. Sunday. Slime thrown on truck and pavement.
- 1400 block of Fourth Avenue, Kelso. Sunday. Resident called to report a fence was cut, a door was kicked in and jewelry was taken from his home while he was out of town. Suspect left a backpack and pry bar.
- 600 block of California Way, Longview. Sunday. Unknown suspect broke into trailer and stole toolbox, propane tank, jacket and shower bag.
- 1400 block of Pacific Avenue, Kelso. Sunday. Stolen debit card.
- 2900 block of Ocean Beach Highway, Longview. Sunday. Two men reportedly shopflited two bottles of Fireball.