{{featured_button_text}}

Firefighters were called to a mobile home fire at 326 Oregon Way in Longview shortly after 2:30 Sunday afternoon, according to a Longview Fire press release.

While en route, dispatchers advised they had received multiple 911 calls about an explosion and smoke coming from the mobile home.

Fire crews arrived less than 10 minutes later and had the fire under control within a few minutes, the release said. A search of the home revealed it was not occupied and no injuries were reported.

You have free articles remaining.

Become a Member

According to the press release, the home is not inhabitable due to smoke damage. It was not insured.

The occupant, Ron McCall, told firefighters he had placed some food on the stove and then went outside to move a vehicle. When he returned, smoke was coming from the home and neighbors called 911.

“Cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and the leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking”, said Battalion Chief Eric Koreis. “If you have to leave the kitchen, turn off the stove.”

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
0

Load comments