The Kelso School Board will review several policies and bond construction projects at its meeting on Monday.
The board is scheduled to vote on a $231,550 bid from Technology Integration Group to replace the district phone system.
It will also discuss purchasing Coweeman River Mitigation Bank Credits for the new Lexington Elementary School construction, as the site includes wetlands. The district will discuss purchasing .99 mitigation credits for $262,350.
The board will also review designs for the Butler Acres and Carrolls elementary school renovations.
You have free articles remaining.
The board will hear second readings on:
- Emergencies: Adding a requirement to hold at least one safety drill per month.
- Unmanned Aircraft System & Model Aircraft: A new policy recommended by the Washington State School Directors’ Association. It requires anyone who wants to operate a drone or any other aircraft on district property to get prior permission from the district.
- Systems of Funds & Accounts: Clarifies what kinds of funds go into each account.
- Property, Data & Records Management: Updated language.
And first readings on:
- Student fees, fines, charges: Updated language, included a section to allow homeless students’ records to be transferred even if they have an outstanding fee or fine, clarified guidelines for setting fees.
- Use of School Facilities: Updated language about which community groups can use school facilities and the costs for doing so. For example, dances can only be sponsored by the schools or PTO organizations.
- Revenues From local, state and federal sources: Clarified how local levies can be used for enrichment.
- Video surveillance: New policy authorizing the use of video surveillance on district property.
- Graduation requirements: Adds language about the “high school and beyond” plan and the state graduation pathways.
- Waiver of graduation credits: Added a section on alternative programs, high school and beyond plans, individualized education programs and state graduation pathways. Also updates language.