{{featured_button_text}}

A car hit a gas meter behind the Department of Social and Health Services building in Kelso around 11:30 a.m. Friday, causing a gas leak that led to an evacuation and street closures.  

Kelso police closed South Eighth Avenue at Allen Street, as well as Vine Street at Grade Street around noon. The roads reopened around 5:00 p.m., according to Cowlitz 2 Fire & Rescue.

More than 120 employees were evacuated from the DSHS building at 711 Vine St. No homes or apartments in the area were evacuated, according to Cowlitz 2. 

Firefighters and Cascade Natural Gas stabilized the situation and made the building safe by 5:30 p.m. The building remained closed because of structural issues after the car hit it, according to Cowlitz 2. 

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
6
0
0

Load comments