Of all the stores in Southwest Washington, the Kelso Safeway is the luckiest place to buy a lottery ticket, according to state lottery officials.
The Safeway at 411 Three Rivers Dr. sold the most winning tickets of prizes worth $1,000 or more last year, with 10 big wins, the Washington's Lottery reported Tuesday.
Longview's Fred Meyer and Woodland's Safeway tied for third place with seven big wins, and Toad's Express in Woodland and the Kalama Chevron tied for fourth with six big wins.
Each year, Washington's Lottery names its "Luckiest Stores" from six regions around the state: Southwest Washington, Puget Sound, Olympic Peninsula, Tri-Cities, Central Washington and Eastern Washington.
These are the other top stores statewide:
- Safeway, 680 W. Washington St., Sequim
- Rosauers, 9414 N. Division St., Spokane
- Safeway, 510 Grant Rd., East Wenatchee
- Safeway, 4700 Yelm Highway SE, Lacey
- Fred Meyer, 1206 N. 40th Ave., Yakima
- Kwick Stop, 2110 Swift Blvd., Richland
In addition to the Kelso Safeway, here are the top nine retailers that sold the most big-winning tickets in Southwest Washington in 2011:
- Fred Meyer, 16600 SE McGillivray Blvd., Vancouver (eight wins)
- Winco Foods, 9700 NE Highway 99, Vancouver (seven wins)
- Fred Meyer, 3184 Ocean Beach Highway, Longview (seven wins)
- S&S Quick Mart at 13808 NE 28th St., Vancouver (seven wins)
- Safeway, 1725 Pacific Ave., Woodland (seven wins)
- Toads Express & Delimart, 1155 Hoffman St., Woodland (six wins)
- Safeway, 3307 Evergreen Way, Washougal (six wins)
- Kalama Chevron, 344 NE Frontage Road, Kalama (six wins)
- Safeway, 800 NE Third Ave., Camas (six wins)
To learn more about the Luckiest Stores across the state, visit Washington's Lottery Media Center at www.walottery.com.