Meth, weapons — Expired license tabs led to the arrest of Marc Alan Gulickson, 40, of Longview late Wednesday night for investigation of possession of narcotics with intent to deliver, possession of dangerous weapons (machetes), felon in possession of a firearm and driving under the influence. A Washington State Patrol trooper patrolling Ocean Beach Highway stopped Gulickson's vehicle and noted an odor of alcohol, the report said. Gulickson had several bags of methamphetamine and a loaded .380 caliber pistol in his car, the report said. Initial bail was set at $45,000. Charges of driving while license suspended, possession of burglary tools and possession of drug paraphernalia are pending review by the prosecutor's office.
Order violation — Kelso police arrested Todd Phillip Cadwell, 41, of Kelso on Wednesday afternoon in connection with felony violation of a no-contact order and third-degree theft. While investigating the theft of aluminum from Cliff Koppe Metals in Kelso, police found evidence that Cadwell had taken the metal and hidden it on the property of a woman he is forbidden to contact, the report said. Bail was set at $20,000.
Felony shoplifting — Kelso police on Wednesday arrested Demetris Jenean Giles, 45, of Kelso on suspicion of second-degree theft. Police detained Giles in the area of South Ninth Avenue and Ash Street to investigate allegations that she stole merchandise from JC Penney. Giles showed officers where she hid the merchandise, which was valued at nearly $375, the report said. Bail was set at $7,000.
Selling stolen goods — The Cowlitz County Sheriff's Office arrested Joshua Lee Mitchell, 18, of Kelso on Wednesday evening for investigation of trafficking in stolen property. Bail was set at $20,000. He also was served with a contempt of court warrant.
Heroin — The Longview police Street Crimes Unit arrested Cody Park, 24, of Longview on Wednesday night in connection with heroin delivery. Bail was set at $30,000.
Theft arrest — Longview police arrested Lesia Marie Kennedy, 33, of Kelso on Wednesday morning in connection with first-degree theft. Bail was set at $5,000.
• 100 block of Old Mill Creek Road, Longview. Someone stole a 10-foot maple tree, roses, terra cotta planters and a bird feeder over the past four days. Loss: about $2,000.
• 1000 block of 20th Avenue, Longview. Approximately $560 worth of PlayStation 2 games, about $300 worth of costume jewelry and a wallet were stolen the night of Aug. 14.
• 300 block of 26th Avenue, Longview. A black riding lawn mower was stolen Monday night. Loss and damage: more than $1,500.
• 3400 block of Pennsylvania Street, Longview. A conveyer belt and video camera system were removed from a barn the night of Aug. 26. Loss: about $1,400.
• Pacific States Industrial Inc., 339 Hazel St., Kelso. An employee interrupted a burglary at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. Nothing appeared to be missing but it looked as though preparations had been made to steal a vehicle.