BRAVO! NORTHWEST CHORALE AUDITIONS FOR NEW SINGERS
The Bravo! Northwest Chorale announces auditions for its 25th Anniversary Concert Season.
The Chorale performs in concert with the Northwest Chamber Orchestra and nationally acclaimed soloists. The Bravo! Northwest Chorale is an auditioned, high-quality civic choir. Some paid positions are available.
The Chorale has performed concerts in Portland, Vancouver, Seattle, Tacoma, Edmonds and Spokane; and in national tours to Washington, D.C., and New York, as well as tours to Italy, Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
The Chorale has also collaborated with the Brubeck Brothers Quartet, Seattle Jazz Singers, Melissa Manchester, the Duke Ellington School of the Arts Jazz Orchestra and the Dubrovnik Symphony Orchestra.
This season the Chorale will perform three concerts in Vancouver and Portland, including:
· George F. Handel’s “Messiah”
· Maurice Durufle’s “Requiem”
· “Bach, Beethoven and the Blues” – a concert featuring hip vocal jazz arrangements of classical music
Singers interested in joining the Bravo! Northwest Chorale audition for Dr. Maria Manzo, Music Director.
“Many people get nervous when they hear the word ‘audition’ but an audition is really a way of finding out where a singer will best fit within a musical group” says Dr. Manzo. “The audition process is an opportunity for us to connect musically, and to talk about the joy of singing and performing great music,” she says.
Auditions will consist of:
· A favorite song that best represents your singing ability – such as a song from a Broadway Musical, a classical piece, a hymn or spiritual, a pop song, etc.
· Reading music at sight and rhythm exercises.
· Vocal exercises to determine your voice range and quality.
To schedule an audition, contact Dr. Maria Manzo at 360-906-0441 or click the “Audition” link at www.bravoconcerts.com and complete the online audition form.
- Starting Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, repeats every week on Tuesday until Tuesday, October 24, 2017 @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm